Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blogship Enterprise

Well. I'm feeling social and have decided I just might have something to contribute to the world of blogging. I've had a presence on the interenet in various capacities for something like 13 years, but for some reason I have shied away from blogging...I think I just wasn't ripe enough. And while I still have a lot of work to do, I am finally at a point where I feel like I've got some things of worldly relevance to say.

...I always say that ours is a generation that seems to be struggling for some sense and relevance in a time of technological adolescence. Knowing that, I'd be remiss not to participate actively in it; as in the case of many of the social problems that face our generation, I risk becoming complacent in my inaction. Part of the problem, not the solution.

That goes without saying, I write this I pretty much with a known audience of zero. I have a pretty darn vague idea of how one acquires an audience in such a medium as this. Should I be so lucky, though, I pledge to you, dear reader, the following (which I expect you to hold me to):

- That I will hold grammar, spelling, vocabulary and dictation to the highest standards of my ability.

- That I will make every effort to be unbiased in my opinions, and where possible support them with solid fact. Where appropriate, cite sources.

- That I will pursue content that is diverse, relevant and present it in a way that prompts the reader to ponder the matter further.

- That I will not bother the reader with off-topic and/or personal details irrelevant to the intentions with which this blog was begun.

And lastly, this blog will, and should, reflect me personally in addressing issues that matter to me, and providing a glimpse of the world as I see it. I am an insatiably curious person, and an idealist. I have a strong faith in the scientific method of thinking and problem-solving, and in the importance of a constant dialogue between science and religion at all levels throughout the world. I also believe in the relevance of art in that it is a reflection of who we are and of the times. Since art is my background, expect to see a good amount of illustrative photography and poetry of mine and of others.

So, until I have something to say, perhaps you might check out el blog de Shawn McGann, my older brother of 27 years. Perhaps send him a nice little email and tell him to update.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can we have an update please?

Thank you.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe there are people as clueless as you living in this world.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home