Saturday, October 14, 2006

'Tis the Beauty of (RED)

I decided to post a thread in a forum I frequent, for the purpose of discussing/spreading the word about (RED), and it resulted in the following exchange between me and another poster:

I posted:

Well keep in mind that these brands are just the starting lineup. The idea is that, given the choice between a (RED) brand and a non-(RED) brand when they go out to buy, say, a pair of jeans they will make a conscious choice to shop (RED) because they want to do something good. The trend will become so prevalant with the (RED) brands that other brands will choose to become (RED) as well because it simply makes good business sense.

The key is -- it's a big commitment for the brands -- I believe the Gap signed a 3 year contract. (RED) intends to be a *continuing* source of funding for the Global Fund.

A response:
Good to know, AIDS in Africa is one of the few world issues I actually care about and it is nice to know that I can actually do something to help without, you know, actually doing anything.


That, dear readers, is the beauty of (RED).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home