Monday, April 02, 2007

I'm speechless...



I decided to do it a few more times:










P.S. Having worked in a Biometrics research lab, I can tell you that the software they are using here sucks. I mean, if it isn't obvious already.

What helps the most with facial recognition is having a database of multiple files of the same celebrity to compare people's photos to. But you can tell by looking at my results that, while these guys appear to have multiple photos of a given celebrity, they are still only running my photo against individual photos. You can tell because where I uploaded a shot that's taken from the side, I got a bunch of side photos in the results. Where I uploaded a straight-on neutral expression, I got a bunch of straight-on shots with neutral expressions. If they had run me against multiple photos of each celebrity, I'd have seen a more diverse range of poses and expressions in the results -- as well as, of course, more accuracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home