Monday, September 15, 2008

God I love Runners World

Amy, a veteran of 14 marathons, offers the following advice for the final weeks of training:

“Nearing what will be my 15th marathon and 10th consecutive Chicago Marathon, I admit that I will likely again experience nervousness and uncertainty during the weeks leading up to a marathon. It’s usually during the taper period where I begin to question my fitness level and wonder if I’ve been smart enough in my training. I ponder if I’ve trained too hard or perhaps not hard enough. I question whether I’ve paid close enough attention to properly balancing my diet and stress levels. Am I getting enough sleep? I write this in hopes of giving first-time marathoners some comfort that if you are having these feelings, it’s normal. Don’t panic. I can assure you that it doesn’t do any good to worry and stress. Much more can be gained by sticking to your plans and keeping a positive attitude about your training. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the right attitude is such an important ingredient for achievement!”

I feel a LITTLE better, but I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home